Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: A pair of Vott's on Craigslist Las Vegas $600

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A pair of Vott's on Craigslist Las Vegas $600

    Quote Originally Posted by oface1 View Post
    I noticed when I did a search that the the seller had posted them before or after the add that I posted. The price was still the same.
    What I meant when I said playing games, is quoting one price (a low price) and then later telling the would be buyer that he's had an offer for double (or whatever) and asking "what's your offer?".
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  2. #12
    HB Super Moderator
    A pair of Vott's on Craigslist Las Vegas 0


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: A pair of Vott's on Craigslist Las Vegas $600

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    What I meant when I said playing games, is quoting one price (a low price) and then later telling the would be buyer that he's had an offer for double (or whatever) and asking "what's your offer?".

    Gotcha !!! But after being listed for so long I don't think he has had many offers but if a seller says that's when you say Good luck Take that offer See Ya if they have a listing price and then try to jack up price you should never agree to anything higher because more often than not your dealing with a scammer,someone who doesn't honor their price that has been set. I think the first order of business is to see if he is legit.$600 for a clean a set as that looks and as long as it's been advertised maybe fishy, I don't know it has been listed for over 3 weeks now I think.I emailed him haven't heard anything as of yet.Will keep you posted though.I've got a contact at Freightqoute so will see just a bad time now after making a couple of purchases and it being Christmas and all.

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: A pair of Vott's on Craigslist Las Vegas $600

    The trouble is, no one in Vegas wants a pair of big grey speakers. Natch!

    Now cover them with gold lame' and rhinestones and they would go in a heartbeat. Add chase lights and I might even drive out to get them.

  4. #14
    HB Super Moderator
    A pair of Vott's on Craigslist Las Vegas 0


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: A pair of Vott's on Craigslist Las Vegas $600

    Quote Originally Posted by Panomaniac View Post
    The trouble is, no one in Vegas wants a pair of big grey speakers. Natch!

    Now cover them with gold lame' and rhinestones and they would go in a heartbeat. Add chase lights and I might even drive out to get them.
    And a couple strobe lights

  5. #15
    Inactive Member DanO55's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2009
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A pair of Vott's on Craigslist Las Vegas $600

    Good morning from Vegas,

    I'd take them in a hummingbirds heartbeat. I knew they were too good to be true when I first saw them weeks ago. I been kinda a member for a while but couldn't post. Had to reactivate my account and walaa, here I is. Name is dah: Dan

  6. #16
    HB Super Moderator
    A pair of Vott's on Craigslist Las Vegas 0


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: A pair of Vott's on Craigslist Las Vegas $600

    Quote Originally Posted by DanO55 View Post
    Good morning from Vegas,

    I knew they were too good to be true when I first saw them weeks ago. Dan
    Hello Dan, Do you have info on this set then.A couple of us had emailed him but nothing so I guess it is Bogus ???

  7. #17
    Inactive Member DanO55's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2009
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A pair of Vott's on Craigslist Las Vegas $600

    Sent email yesterday: no response as of yet.

  8. #18
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: A pair of Vott's on Craigslist Las Vegas $600

    That pic is familiar. Familiar as in i remember a thread(at that other place) about a fella's acqisition and painting of the cabs not too long ago. I did some brief searching, but if he were a subscriber he could have removed his posts/thread when he placed the CL ad. I expect it's a "fishy" situation and the seller is not only a member but also a lurker/troll on at least one forum.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  9. #19
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: A pair of Vott's on Craigslist Las Vegas $600

    What I find interesting about the pic is that my cabs have the A7's same 30" x 24" footprint and 511 horn on top in a 'close enough' same position and when I view mine at ~the same angle as the right speaker I can clearly see a part of my horn's driver, so wondering if either there's no driver attached or are the horns and/or entire A7 Photoshop/whatever added.

    Hmm, on second thought, mine are 802/808, so a smaller 806 or later 900 driver might not be deep enough to be visible in such a poor quality picture..........

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  10. #20
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A pair of Vott's on Craigslist Las Vegas $600

    I haven't received a response either....

    So,

    1. (optimistically) they either sold and the seller forgot to take down the add, (which I have been guilty of doing a couple of times).

    2. It is a fishy add and I shouldn't have emailed him... probably a fisherman looking for addresses to spam and I am glad I have a strong spam filter.......

    Not betting on a response from the supposed/alleged seller anytime soon......& if I do I will be highly suspicious..


    -chris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.